A failure or malfunction in an electrical distribution system can result in damage to property or people.
Electrical Failures and Safety
We provide experienced engineers and investigators that provide in-depth evaluation of a variety of electrical issues that may require inspection and analysis. Quick response to incidents is possible, as required to preserve evidence and capture critical details that may be lost or distorted as time passes. Evaluation of the level of compliance with applicable standards and safety practices is an integral part of an investigation.
Specific areas of investigation include:
- Damage from lightning
- Damage to electrical apparatus from external forces
- Electrical performance that contributes to ignition
- Electrical safety policies and practices
- Electrical shocks that occur in buildings and equipment
- Vehicle electrical systems
Areas of expertise include:
- building wiring systems
- medium-voltage electrical distribution systems
- utilization items such as residential and commercial appliances
- vehicle wiring
Additional areas of expertise include:
- Natural Gas Systems
- Utility Locating issues
Electrical Failures and Safety Staff
Keith R. Erickson, B.S., P.E.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Michael C. Dilley, CFEI, CFVI
Fire Cause and Origin Investigator
Illinois Class A Private Detective
Thomas F. Conry, Ph.D., P.E.
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
B.S. in Engineering Mechanics